Sunday 21 September 2014

Days 12 and 13 - Hitting a Wall, The Longest Walk Yet & The Chocolate Buttons Story

No photo for day 12 and not much I can remember either.
I would've had a day of rest after being out the day before. I know I was tired and sore so it was another TV day. I watched Undercover Boss and Home and Away and Neighbours and began my new watching of Four In A Bed. Actually, come to think of it, this was Bad Day #2.

I had attempted to not take any codeine before I went to bed last night but woke up at 3am in pain.
I also was awake during the Hours of Doom worrying about work!
If I wasn't signed off sick, I'd be due back at work next Tuesday. Normally I'd be given a new schedule on the Thursday before the Tuesday. I hadn't heard anything yet. What if I didn't get a schedule? What if we got to the point where there was no work for me and I'd have to quit my job? I'd have to do the soul-destroying job hunting again. What would I do? Not good worrying during the Hours of Doom.

Today I hit a wall when it came to food. I was not ever (swear word) eating (swear word) soup again for lunch. I was sick of eating soup for lunch. I actually didn't eat lunch until 1.30pm when normally I had lunch at 12 noon. I didn't want soup but I didn't know what I could have.
Had a look online for some inspiration and came across omelette.
So I made a 1 egg omelette with cheese for lunch and it was good!  Much easier to eat than scrambled eggs and didn't go so cold so quickly.

I ventured out to Sainsburys in the evening with my husband to buy a lottery ticket because it was a quadruple rollover. Felt ok being out but didn't win the lottery.



Day 13 was Thursday

Today was an important day in Scottish history and politics because today was the day where we voted in the referendum for independence.
Today was also an inservice day for my kids so they weren't at school.
The day was spent watching TV, progressed to watching Orange is the New Black on netflix. No word from work with a schedule but figured there was still tomorrow.

Breakfast was a banana and raspberry milkshake cause I couldn't stand to have yet more readybrek or porridge.

Lunch was chicken soup

Supper was...no wait til you hear this because I tell you, I would never have ever contemplated having this before. I had a hot dog cut up tiny wee, with gravy and mashed potato. I ate it. I didn't enjoy it and it's certainly not something I want to eat again. But needs must.

Then after supper I went for my longest post-op walk yet. I walked to the polling station to vote. Normally that would be a 10 minute walk there and another 10 minute walk back. I did that 20 minute walk in 30 minutes, so not too bad going at all. I needed to take my husband's arm to get the last bit home but I did ok :)

Now, remember my chocolate buttons from day 4? Well, let me tell you a story. To my knowledge, my almost full bag of milk chocolate buttons and the bag of white chocolate buttons were sitting in a cupboard in the kitchen, waiting patiently for me. This evening, my husband comes through to the living room clutching my packet of white chocolate buttons and asks if he can eat them, because well, it's not like I can eat them is it? There is a bit of a running joke in our house that I can't get anything to myself, from my teenage daughter trying to nick my makeup, to food, to even my tweezers. And now it seemed, chocolate buttons too.
He even told me, that he would buy me a replacement packet of white chocolate buttons...and a new packet of milk chocolate buttons because he'd scarfed them earlier too!!

Today's photos. Looking good :)



No comments: