Saturday 20 September 2014

Day 7 - Numbness & Nerve Pain

Day 7 was Friday and I was KNACKERED from my appointment yesterday.
I don't think I did much of anything other than watch TV and play facebook games on my kindle fire.

I was establishing that I have 2 types of pain; the pain associated with having my jaw broken in 2 places and nerve pain.
The nerve pain was actually the hardest part compared with the broken bone pain.
I was warned about numbness but not about nerve pain.
I am numb along the edge of my lower lip and my chin. I am more numb on the right side where I had had my wisdom tooth removed.
I have some feeling on the left of my lower lip and left of my chin.
I'd say the centre of my chin going to the right is the numbest area.
I maybe should have said earlier about this numbnness because I noticed it on day one.
To give some idea about it, I can feel a cup along the entire length of my lower lip. Know when you go to the dentist and get a local anaesthetic for a filling and half your mouth is numb and you go to drink from a cup and it feels like only half a cup and whatever liquid you are drinking just slides out the numb side? Well, I didn't have that.
But, when it came to kissing my husband, that was a different story because I can't feel a kiss with my bottom lip, only my top.

I was finding that when I was getting tired, the numbness would get worse, felt like heaviness and then as that got worse, the nerve pain would set in. The best way to describe it was like having a freezing cold steel bar in my chin.

For breakfast I had readybrek. I'm finding breakfast really difficult. I don't like milk to drink, and certainly don't like cereal with milk in it so my breakfasts are getting exceeding boring.

Mid morning I made a peanut butter and banana milkshake (1 banana, 3tbsp peanut butter, 1 cup of milk and a drop of vanilla essence). This was really fine.

Lunch I had home made soup, lentil and bacon. Successfully managed to eat it without heaving :)

Supper I had fish flaked so much it was practically minced, sweetcorn, mash potato and LOTS of cheese sauce made with a fruit jerk cheese for flavour. It all tasted really good! I swithered about the sweetcorn but knowing that I hadn't been to the loo for a number 2 since last Friday morning, I knew I needed some sort of fibre in me. I also reckoned that with enough cheese sauce, I'd get the sweetcorn over my throat whole.

Photo for today taken quite late because I was just so tired.


No comments: