Saturday 20 September 2014

Day 8 - Bad Day #1

Day 8 was Saturday and this was NOT a good day. I'd say this was bad day number 1 of recovery.

Today I felt hungry for the first time since my surgery and I mean HUNGRY!
And now that the swelling was beginning to go down, I could see inside my mouth more and see the state of play with my teeth.
And I didn't like what I saw in the mirror. I was very pleased with how I looked with my mouth shut. In fact over the past few days I'd been looking in the mirror a lot, not quite believing it was me and feeling really happy with how things were looking. I was so pleased that I had a cute wee munchkin chin, a chin that was in the centre of my face.

But now that I could see my teeth, I could see that there was gap between my top teeth and my bottom teeth when I bite together. To me, this gap looked HUGE! I was seeing the Grand Canyon in there. I was NOT happy.
So because I was tired, this gap seemed worse I guess. In the mirror I was seeing a lower jaw that had been put back too far, was I going to end up with no chin and sticking out teeth? Was I going to end up looking worse but in the opposite way to before I even started this whole process?

I was still whacked after going out on Thursday and because I had yet to have a whole night's sleep in more than a week.
I spent the day feeling miserable and stressing about my teeth. Were they going to be fixed? Could they be fixed?

There were plans to have curry sauce and rice for supper. I'd been hankering for curry sauce for the past 2 days. Ideally I wanted to get curry from my favourite takeaway but my husband said no he would make one.
I had said to him to make sure it was runny enough so that I could have rice as well and not just a plate of curry sauce.

However, when he made the curry sauce, he not only blended the sauce but he blended it with the chicken too and when I went into the kitchen I was faced with a thick sauce that just looked like a puddle of poo.
Tears again.
Big argument ensured.
LOADS more tears because I was hungry, I was disappointed, I was tired and I was stressing.

But it was good to cry properly. Apologies were made and it all sorted out.

Photos for today, bruising status and a not happy looking Fay.



And then we took some more photos, photos of the bruising I had on my arm and on my leg from the injections I got in hospital, the injections of drugs to thin my blood so that I wouldn't develop deep vein thrombosis. I think the bruising on my arm and leg was worse than the worst bruising I had on my jaw and neck!



No comments: