Sunday 21 September 2014

Day 10 - Boredom, Bowels and Bruising

Now my memory is starting to get a bit hazy, I guess because things were pretty much the same each day and nothing untoward was happening.

Day 10 was Monday again. I got up with the kids first thing to get them ready for school.
Breakfast was readybrek
Lunch was tomato soup with 1/4 of a slice of bread broken up into tiny wee pieces.
Supper was a baked sweet potato with lots of butter and tuna (again flaked so much it was practically minced) with some pepper. This is probably the best supper I have had so far post-op.
I also made an Oreo cookies milkshake yum yum! 6 Oreo cookies crushed, 3 scoops of vanilla ice cream and 3/4 cup of milk.

Today I was majorly bored! I am now at the stage where pottering about the house is doing my head in with boredom. But I know going outside is a whole different ball game.
I tried watching some Youtube videos to learn how to crochet but got stuck after the chaining stage so gave up. So TV it was *sigh*
I texted my friend Jenny to ask if she would like to come and visit me on Friday. I've not seen anyone other than my husband, kids and inlaws since the week before my surgery. I was in desperate need for some conversation, to see a new face, to see my friend :) She said she would come on Friday! woohoo!! :)

Today I noticed that my was jaw was beginning to make cracking noises. Well, I don't know if anyone else could hear it cracking away, but I could hear it and feel it. I guess the best way to describe it was it felt like the bone was starting to knit together. I'm sure that's maybe not quite what was happening, but that's the best way to describe it. Annoying but not painful.

Today was also a day where you find out that having your first bowel movement post-surgery is exactly the same as having your first bowel movement after you have a baby...you are petrified of bursting your stitches and breathe a huge sigh of relief when it's over! :D :D

Today's photos, I thought I was doing really good today, until I saw just how tired I was in the the photos, despite my biggest smile ever!
Bruising really going away now, just left with that fluorescent bruise in the middle of my neck.




No comments: