Saturday 20 September 2014

Day 5 - Home Alone For The First Time

Day 5 was Wednesday. My husband went back to work and this was my first whole day alone post surgery.

I lay on the sofa under my blanket, I watched lots of TV. I don't normally watch daytime TV but this was a must just to get me through the day.
I missed the company.

The doorbell went mid morning and I opened it to find a flower delivery man (who really didn't know where to look when he saw my face)
These are the flowers that my best friend Jenny sent me. I LOVE getting flowers :)


Breakfast was Readybrek, I managed about half a bowl before I reached that 'I can't eat any more' stage.
Lunch was soup and yoghurt.
Mid afternoon was a cheesecake (I could eat the flavoured cheese part of the cheesecake but not the biscuit base).
It was a lovely sunny day so I made sure to sit outside in the sun at lunch time to get my vitamin D. My husband took my photo for the day. I think I was looking pretty good.



My kids came home from school at 3.30pm. My husband came home from work at 5.30pm. They had sausages, chips, beans and egg for tea....oh it smelt divine! Not that I could eat any of it mind you.

But I was bored today. I felt ok, I had my painkiller routine going but I made myself sit and do nothing, made myself rest.

No comments: