Wednesday 24 September 2014

Day 19 - Bad Day, Maybe Bad Week

Half way through week 3 and I think this is probably the toughest week post op yet.
My brain says 'hey Fay! let's go, we're fine, let's do stuff' and my body just says 'hahahahaha! you're having a laugh!'.
I guess surgery seems so long ago and I'm frustrated that I am not fully recovered and back on my feet yet.

I'd fed up of living a life of watching TV and lying on the sofa.

And I miss bread, any kind of bread, white, wholegrain, tiger, you name it, bread for bread and butter, bread for sandwiches, bread to have with some nice cold meat and cheese and TOAST!

And if I could just get some proper sleep I'm sure my logical brain would kick in a LOT faster.

Last night I went back to sleeping on a mountain of pillows, no extra swelling this morning.
Today I woke up sore with jaw pain on the left hand side. Took some ibuprofen for that.

Spent the day watching TV.
Cleaned the bathroom
Ate my lunch outside to catch some sun for my vitamin D
Phoned the doctors and got an appointment for next week to decide if I'll be fit for going back to work on 6th October (jury is still out on this one, won't be surprised if I need an extra week or so).

Breakfast: tried a new porridge pot..oats so simple bursting with fruit (was ok, prefer proper real fruit than this artifical stuff, don't think I'll waste my money on it again).

Mid morning: pot of lemon and lime jelly

Lunch: 1 egg omelette with fruity jerk cheese and a glass of fruit juice

Supper: chorizo pasta bake (blended up chorizo, garlic, onion, red peppers, tomatoes, herbs with my tiny wee pasta) and Eton mess for pudding!

Oh! and just to prove I am NOT a total misery guts, I made my own head cacoon:



No comments: