Sunday 21 September 2014

Day 14 - My First Visitor

Day was 14 was Friday, 2 weeks to the day since I had my surgery.

Was awake at 3am and then again at 4.30am. Took that time to get more painkillers and to check the referendum results on the TV.
I didn't get back to sleep after 4.30pm, I was too sore. The pain doesn't seem to be as frequent now but when it's there, it's sore. Unfortunately, in trying to pull the covers over me, I whacked myself in the jaw. Given that I was already sore, a right good whack brought tears to the eyes. Not good.
That's 2 times I've whacked my jaw now, please don't let there be a third.

Kids were still off school. I decided to get my backside down at the computer and update my blog. I was fit for sitting at the computer for a decent length of time.

By 11am, I hadn't heard from Jenny so texted her to see if she was still coming. She was but was busy at that time so decided she could come and visit about 1pm, that way she wouldn't have to watch me slurp soup for lunch.
She arrived at 1pm and it was great just to catch up and have a blether. I could actually have hugged her when she went to go home because it was just so nice to see her.
However, my jaw muscles didn't agree. We had put off meeting up for a cuppa because I didn't know how much I was going to be able to talk.
By the hour mark, I knew I was biting the inside of my cheek on the right hand side and talking was becoming difficult  and over the next 30 minutes, my hand was up to my jaw and my head was progressively dropping into my chin and heading downwards.
I offered Jenny another cup of tea but she said no she was going home because she could see I was in pain.

I felt like I wouldn't be able to talk for the rest of the day! Damn jaw muscles, why do ye protesteth too much?

Friday supper was lasagne. I managed the mince part but not the lasagne sheet part. Don't think I'll be having that again until I can eat the pasta.
My husband went out in the evening which was good, I could go to bed early and not feel bad about leaving him sitting downstairs alone.

Still no email from work with a schedule. So unusually for me, I'm going to try not to worry about it and think that they haven't contacted me because I'm signed off sick. And since they do not have a definite date for my return (GP put on sick note that they would need to see me again at the end of the 4 weeks to see if I was fit to return to work), they will be in touch nearer the time. Or it may even be that I'll need to email them and ask for a schedule.
As Jenny said to me today, the more calm I am, the better I will heal.

No photo today

No comments: