Tuesday 21 October 2014

Day #no idea. I'm Sick

Just when I was starting to get back on my feet after my surgery, now I am I'll.
I picked up a cold from one of my kids and now I have a chest infection and have lost my voice.
I feel utterly rank!
I was at my GP today anyway to see if I could get some help with my anxiety. Didn' t really get much help for that but since I have no voice, she checked me over. My pulse, and bp are ok, but my chest didn't sound good. She said she wouldn't normally give out antibiotics on day one of a crackly sounding chest and a lost voice but since I just recently had surgery, I was getting them.
She also said that I am dehydrated (how? considering I'm practically on a liquid diet) and she was concerned by how my mouth was visibly squint.
I have noticed just the past few days that my mouth is squint and it wasn't like that before. She said it could be a sign of infection in my jaw so to keep an eye on it, especially with my lost voice, and if I get any swelling to go straight back.
If my voice doesn't return in a day or so, I've to go back for different antibiotics because sometimes after surgery, you get different bugs hanging about.

Today I had readybrek for breakfast, a cheese omelette for lunch and for supper, sausages, mashed potato, beans and my first fried egg in more than 7 weeks!

Now I'm back to lying on the sofa, with a fluffy pillow, hot water bottle and a muffin!

No comments: