Friday 3 October 2014

Day 28 - 4 Week Anniversary

Today marks the half way stage of recovery! It's been 4 weeks since my surgery, wow! It feels like so long ago.
Last night, lying in bed I was remembering that 4 weeks ago was the night before my surgery, I was in hospital whilst my husband had our bed all to himself!

Took me absolutely forever to get to sleep last night, think I might have got to sleep about 3am. I wonder if I was overtired.
I googled why do people yawn and there seems to be a variety of reasons from lowering the temperature of your brain, to responding to cortisol to needing to stretch your jaw muscles. Interesting.
I don't think I've yawned as much before as I have done since my surgery.

Last night I also had lots of burning in my lower lip and a feeling like very light material was being rubbed across my chin...not pleasant, I can still only hope it is my nerves coming back to life. I wonder if amount of nerve pain is also related to how tired I am.

Hmmm...more tired equals more yawning and more nerve and jaw pain maybe?

Today I got up at 7am to get the kids ready for school.
Breakfast was readybrek (lol! My kindle just autocorrected readybrek to heartbreak!)

My bathroom scales say I weigh 10st 8lbs so that is a total of 10lbs weight loss so far.
I could be done with some new clothes but I don't want to buy any until I'm back to normal diet and I know what weight I will settle at.

This Morning was spent sending some emails and filling out a job application.

Lunch was soup followed by a cheesecake pot.

I spent the afternoon watching tv, really tired this afternoon and feeling sore. I did switch the tv off to try and have a nap but sleep didn't come :-(

Phoned DWP as I got a text to say that my cancelled claim for employment support allowance was successful??? I didn't think I would be entitled to anything (why I cancelled it) but if they're going to give it to me, I'll take it.

Still no reply from work.

Supper was pasta and cheese sauce.

My bite feels a bit funny today and I see that my top central incisive is biting down on the bracket on the bottom tooth underneath...I'll need to keep an eye on that

No comments: