Wednesday 5 November 2014

Day 61 - I've Got A Feeling...Wooohoooo!

Sing it like the Blackeyed Peas yeah!

I ate a couple of grapes yesterday and realised that grapes don't come under the category of soft chew. One grape and the numbness feeling was setting in, 2 grapes and it was like eh no, not happening, this is not comfortable.

But this morning, I've woken up and I've got lots of tinging and cobwebby feelings in my chin and on touching my chin and lower lip, it just feels ewwwww, not pleasant. I initially wondered if I was feeling particularly numb today but then wondered, is it a case that I'm feeling less numb and feeling is coming back?

Then I kissed my husband goodbye as he left for work and oh! I can feel more of a kiss, I could feel it!
So had a wee poke about whilst looking in the mirror and I could say that my area of numbness has shrunk to this:


And funny enough, the bit where my mouth looks as if it is drooping down, is the numbest part. I wonder if once all feeling returns, if my mouth won't look quite so lopsided.

Diet wise I'm still on the soft chew diet but I feel like I'm almost back to normal eating just minus the meat, crusty bread and hard crunchy stuff like crisps (not that I really need to be eating crisps anyway). Or maybe it just feels normal because I've been eating no-chew or soft chew for almost 9 weeks now.

Pain wise, I'm only taking paracetamol as and when I need it, usually if the weather is really cold. This is a big improvement because there was a time when I felt like I was never going to have to stop taking pain meds!
Oh and hoovering is a challenge. I've hoovered like 1 or 2 rooms at a time but at the weekend I attempted to hoover the whole house and had to stop and rest half way through because my jaw felt so heavy that it was going to drop off.
I now have an ear infection (to be expected after my chest infection and laryngitis) so need to take pain meds for that instead.

Didn't get either of the 2 jobs I interviewed for last week, so still job hunting. Hopefully something will come up.


No comments: