Monday 17 November 2014

Day 73 - Pain & Happiness

When I got up this morning I was really sore on my right hand side. Took painkillers which helped until late afternoon when the pain hit again. Weird.

Also, where my wounds are healing, on the left where the cheek meets the gums, a wee lumpy bit has formed. I'm guessing it is just the wound area healing but it is annoying because it feels like I have food stuck between my gum and my cheek.

Went to the cinema yesterday to see The Imitation Game...SUPERB film!
First time at the cinema since surgery and for a girl who can't not have popcorn when she goes to the cinema, it was kinda hard to make do with a hot chocolate.

Today went out for lunch to celebrate my daughter getting her braces off. Her teeth look beautiful. Whether she will wear her retainers though is another matter.
I ordered an egg sandwich, white bread, no salad.
My food arrived, I piled all the crisps on to my daughter's ate cause I can't eat them.
Then I went to cut the crusts off the bread and realised this was not an egg sandwich, it was brie and rocket.
So went back with sandwich, reiterated egg sandwich, white bread, no salad.
Back came an egg sandwich, white bread and a bigger pile of crisps lol!
Attempted the coleslaw, tried the move it about your mouth and swallow whole technique until I choked on the 3rd forkful. Then I stopped :-)

This week is the first week since my surgery that I really miss chocolate, actual chocolate not just the taste.

But happiness has come a wee bit.
How to eat milk chocolate digestives on a soft chew diet?
Dunk your milk chocolate digestive in a hot cup of tea!
Fit fine :-)

No comments: