Friday 14 November 2014

10 Weeks Post Op Today!

Today I have reached the 10 weeks mark!

*Still* on the soft chew diet. My ortho did say that it would be around the 10 - 12 week mark that the bone would be healed but I'll wait until the 12 week mark I think before I start on something harder than soft chew.
I attempted a wee bit of soft crust on a sandwich last week and oh dear, my jaw did not like that at all. In fact, since, it's felt like something's not right, when I bite down, the jaw feels soft and squidgy and whilst I still had my numb area, I didn't particularly notice it before, but now I do.

But I don't know if this feeling that something isn't right is related to my actual jaw bone healing and having been squished with a crust or if it's to do with numbness and feeling coming back. I shall ask the ortho when I see her on the 27th November.

This week I went out for a meal for the first time since my surgery. Me and my husband went out to celebrate our wedding anniversary (14 years, the man deserves a medal!). Ended up going to an Italian and I chose basically sausage pasta bake. But struggled with it because the sausage was really quite firm. I was going to choose what my husband had (cannelloni made with minced chicken) but it said on the menu it was wrapped in breadcrumbs so I thought I wouldn't manage it. Turns out there were a few breadcrumbs sprinkled on top and the rest would've been much easier to eat than my meal. Oh well.
Cheesecake went down all right though :)

Here's a pic of me at 9 weeks and  5 days after having been to the hairdressers for the first time since my surgery.

Oh! Note of advice, if your hairdresser is on the rough side and yanks your hair to dry it, don't go to the hairdressers until your jaw can cope with it. My hairdresser was off sick when I went for my appointment and I got another hairdresser instead. Oh my goodness, she had long nails (felt them when she washed my hair!) and a sharp red comb (I'm surprised I did not have red scratches across my scalp and down my neck) and she pulled my hair with all her might, yanking my head backwards, when trying to straighten it. I felt like a bobblehead! No way on this earth would my jaw have coped with that even just a couple of weeks ago.



No comments: