Tuesday 25 November 2014

Look Away If Your Squeamish Warning

If you are squeamish, don't look at this blog entry.

I managed to take a good photo of this lump and what looks like bone sticking out.
To give an idea of where in my mouth it is, it is where the incision site is on the left hand side. So what looks like bone, is sticking out between my gum and my cheek. And on further looking today, I can see another bit that looks like bone too :(

Now I am worried that I'm going to have to go back into theatre to have this fixed. Can't seem to find anything online about it other than malunion of bone fragments is a complication of this surgery.

Two photos, one shows the 'bone' sticking out better and the other shows this new area of what looks like bone appearing at the back.



2 comments:

Isabel said...

Holy cow that's crazy! Sounds like you handled it pretty well though... if I had seen bone sticking out of my mouth I would've totally freaked!

Fay said...

Hahaha Isabel I did freak! Huge huge relief when the surgeon just took it out though!