Tuesday 8 July 2008

First Adjustment

Today I had my first adjustment...exactly 6 weeks since archwire and ligs went on

Today's changes:

1. New molar band on top left back molar

2. Molar buildups are OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He had to take the top left one off to fit the molar band and then it dawned on him that that molar buildup wasn't actually doing anything anyway as it wasn't hitting against any other teeth. I said he was a cruel man! He said how was he because he was taking it off..I said cause he put it on in the first place and I had spent a week gagging and took 3 weeks to be able to eat normally LOL.

3. Asked if he was going to build up the molar buildup top right but he said it looks like my top incisor is clear of my bottom brackets below it so no need to have that build up again either.

4. I chose purple ligs (see pics below) and think they look super dooper cool. I LOVE them!

5. All lower ligs are in figure of 8s. Top incisor lig is figure of 8, rest are just normal

6. New archwires are MUCH thicker...so much so it was the first thing my daughter commented on when she saw me after my appointment.

7. I have a battlescar where ortho's hand slipped trying to put on lig on bottom left canine (apparently the canine is twisted)

8. Ortho is still humming and heying about the wee half tooth I have top right (can see in top arch photo below, tiny wee tooth next to last molar on left of pic) as to if it should come out or not. When braces went on he said it may or may not have to come out, we would wait and see. Today he said he thinks it will have to come out. I just wish he'd give me the letter to take to my dentist to get it out and get it over and done with!


It hurts a little now. I think it's going to hurt a lot more in the next 24hrs. I think it's gonna be a case of chew through the pain! But OMG! having those molar buildups off and being able to eat normally again (despite the pain of the new wire) is just sheer bliss!!!!! My sandwich for lunch tasted extra good just because I could eat it properly.


Mega cool purple ligs doing their figure of 8 routine



Bottom arch. Finally found the macro button on my camera!



Top arch with my denture plate in. Please ignore the fact you can see RIGHT up my nose! I only have 9.5 teeth in the top.


Me!

1 comment:

Dragon (Karen) said...

Great your first adjustment went so well ... especially getting rid of the molar buildup and getting the purple ligs.

Here's to good progress!