Tuesday 1 July 2008

Hmmmmm

I just came across this link

http://www.maxfac.com/facial/jaw.html

Considering how squint, sorry asymmetric my face is, I'm sitting here thinking wouldn't it be absolutely cool if I could have Le Fort III + mandibullar sagital split osteotomy + genioplasty??

I didn't actually think it was possible to correct facial asymmetry to that extent!

However, I do think that 8hrs+ in theatre, blood transfusion and all the post op stuff just isn't making me want to have all that done realistically! I also can't have anything done to my upper jaw anyways because of my velopharyngeal insufficiency (plastics refuse to put me on the table to correct it again)

I wonder if there is anyone out there who has indeed had it all??

So I'll just stick with the mandibular sagital split osteotomy and the genioplasty instead :)

No comments: