Tuesday 10 February 2015

Reverse Polarity of the Elastics

Yesterday I had an emergency trip to ortho. Last week, I was keeping a super close eye on my teeth and could see my top midline creeping ever so slowly towards the right. But on Friday I saw gaps! Gaps when I bite together, diagonally between top and bottom either side of my left canine.

Argh! Debanding is next week! No, no no no no.

There's no way I'm having my braces off and having to look in the mirror and be annoyed by gaps.
It's taken so long to get to this point, it should be as close to perfect as possible.

So back to ortho who wasn't really convinced but there was no way I was not having her do something about them.

But the solution was simple. Change the direction of the elastics on the left.

Teeth have mow moved back to where they were. Midline back in the correct place. Gaps almost fully closed again. Happy Fay :)

I'll admit, I am nervous about getting my braces off. Nothing to hold my teeth or jaws in place. I'm having heebie jeebies that I'll get my braces off in the morning and then by the time I get my retainers in the afternoon, my teeth and jaws will have moved all over the place!

Fingers crossed!

No comments: