Wednesday 25 May 2016

Still. Not. Finished.

Well I'm still here and this treatment is still not finished!

I turned up to see the restorative dentist on 17th May for what we both thought was my last, final ever piece of work to be done.

Mr Restorative Dentist prepped the implant area, and then positioned the final crown in place and said nothing except 'Fay, do you want to have a look in the mirror'.

So look in the mirror I did and the crown was the wrong colour. It was a bit dark. In comparison to my natural tooth colour, this crown looked like it had been dunked in a cup of tea and stained brown.

Apparently my teeth are lighter than the average.

Restorative dentist wasn't too happy especially since at my last appointment he got someone from the lab to come and take a photo of my teeth so they could get the final crown right.

I was a bit nervous that I was thinking it was too dark and maybe it was just the light but the restorative dentist agreed with me that it was too dark. If I had liked it, he would have went ahead with it and I'm sure if it was just the light, he'd have said no I think it's ok.

So temporary crown put back in place.

He had also built up the bottom of my top central incisor and implant crown because my central incisor had got chipped from my braces.

These bits broke but rather than faff about fixing it this time, he's going to wait to the end and build them back up again once the final crown is in place. I now have central incisors that are a wee bit too short and certainly straight across the bottom rather than rounded.

So. When will this end?

Well, the next available appointment was 20th June.

So we're talking a total of 8 years and 31 days.



No comments: