Saturday 2 August 2014

5 Weeks Yesterday

I *FINALLY* have a date for surgery!

On 5th September 2014 I will be having my jaw surgery.

I will be having my wisdom tooth removed and my lower jaw broken moved backwards and to the right.

Sometimes I am scared. Sometimes I'm more pragmatic about it all.

Sometimes I am scared that I'm not going to make it through the op and other times I'm scared that I will make it through the op :)

Just now trying to prepare myself, making a list of foods I can eat, I have a sweet list and a savoury list. I'm worried about the protein intake.
I'll be no chew for 6 weeks. Will the pain or the diet be the worst?

Been told that healing time is 6- 8 weeks so have told work I should be back after week 4; I guess we'll just have to wait and see how things go.
Reading other blogs, some people have went back to work after 2 weeks, others after 11.

Now trying to decide what my last supper will be. I'm to be admitted to hospital the afternoon before my surgery so I'm hoping that once all the paper work is done, I can come home for the night and get one last good meal and one last good night's sleep.

I'm prepared for the whole of September to disappear for me.

2 comments:

Isabel said...

CONGRATS!!! I totally know the feeling of waiting for a date, but I have no idea what it'd be like to wait for 6 years! This is so exciting! Be sure to keep us updated!

Fay said...

Ah thank you Isabel for your comment. I wasn't even sure if anyone read my blog any more!